Calling all local rail users!
If you use the local rail services, do please come to the first Campaign PUBLIC MEETING:
WEDNESDAY 30th SEPTEMBER 2009
6.30pm refreshments & networking
7.00pm - 9.00pm meeting
Institute of Psychiatry, 16 De Crespigny Park,
Denmark Hill, Camberwell, SE5 8AF
see map attached - entrance at letter A
between Denmark Hill and Grove Lane
meeting hosted and facilitated by
the SE5 Forum www.se5forum.org
with Southwark Rail Users' Group (SRUG) www.southwarkrailusers.net
This meeting is to enable rail users
* to get the facts
* discuss the issues
* join the action
* Put Wed 30 Sep 6.30pm in your diary now. Come and support the campaign.
* To be more regularly informed, and support the campaign, please join the email list by emailing Southwark Rail Users Group
* Please forward this information to your neighbours and friends if they use the trains. This is a really great chance to strengthen the campaign - we hope a lot of people will come.
* Please print out and display the A4 poster in local places, and print out some of the A6 flyers to hand out to fellow passengers on your own station. These are attached, and also for download on http://www.bellenden.net/srug/news/public-meeting-wednesday-30-september-2009
* We need volunteers to help on the evening in a variety of ways. Please email us if you can come by 6.30pm; we need to know to help us with the organising.
* Visit the SRUG website for overall information and facts about the issues and the campaign: http://www.bellend
1. The South London Press (on sale Tuesdays & Fridays), and the Southwark News (on sale Thursdays) are supporting the campaign, and helping to bring out the facts.
2. London TravelWatch have just reported on their recent user survey which provides significant evidence to support our campaign. http://www.bellenden.net/srug/news/ltw-survey-south-london-line-research-study
3. TfL are reviewing with London TravelWatch the ways that new services or tweaks to existing services could mitigate some of the negative impact of the cuts in the South London Line. This review will report in December so we have till then to try to influence what happens.
4. The ultimate decision makers are the Rail Minster (and Department for Transport) and the London Mayor (and TfL). A meeting with the Rail Minister is being planned. A meeting has been requested with the Mayor.
5. Over 3000 signatures have now been collected on the petition. We need more. You can sign the online petition at http://www.gopetition.com/online/27426.html. Also you can print out paper copies and collect signatures - give some to your local cafe or local pub. Petition for download is at http://www.bellenden.net/srug/news/campaign-petition