Are you a local rail user? Can you see what needs to be improved and wish you could get that across to someone responsible? Would you like to know more about how your local rail system works? Do you have any questions or other comments you would like to put directly to those responsible?
Please let me know if you would like to come to the meeting of the Southwark Rail Users Group (SRUG) on Monday 17th November meeting 6.30pm-8.30pm, exhibition 6pm.
This will be an important opportunity:
* to make your views known as a local rail user to the people who can improve matters;
* to learn about the railway system and the technical matters that constrain what services can be provided, so we can make informed comments.
We will be focussing on rail routes that come and go through the Peckham area, and serving stations in mid Southwark: Peckham Rye, Nunhead, South Bermondsey, Queens Road, Denmark Hill, East Dulwich, North Dulwich.
We will have speakers from Network Rail, TfL (Transport for London), Passenger Focus, London Travel Watch. The four train companies bidding for the South Central Franchise will also be present to listen to users.
Topics covered will include:
* progress on East London Line Extension phase 2,
* London Bridge restructuring and effect on our local services,
* planned cut in South London Loop Line,
* planned cut in Peckham to East Croydon service,
* service changes to Victoria, Blackfriars and London Bridge.
* station improvements,
* travel improvements.
If you have already received details of the meeting, you are on the SRUG (Southwark Rail Users Group) list.
If you have not received the details, and would like to come to the meeting, please let me know and I will send you the information, and add you to the list. You will be very welcome.
Southwark Rail Users Group