If you use the local rail services you will need to know the information below.
Southwark Rail Users' Group (SRUG) :
Peckham Rye, Nunhead, South Bermondsey, Queens Road, Denmark Hill, East Dulwich, North Dulwich.
It was discovered recently that there was a secret deal between TfL and DfT (Dept for Transport) to axe the planned Victoria-Bellingham service (via Denmark Hill & Peckham Rye). A campaign to reverse this is starting:
* sign the web petition
* join the Facebook group
* further background -
The campaign is being initiated jointly by Southwark Rail Users' Group, Clapham Transport Users' Group, the major hospitals at Denmark Hill, and local elected representatives - MPs, London Assembly Member, and ward councillors. The latest decision, like the one to axe the Victoria-Denmark Hill-London Bridge service in 2012, shows the low priority the rail industry gives to our inner south London connections into central London. We have to change that. Take action now!____________________________________________
* email your views:
to Lord Adonis (the Rail Minister) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
to Boris Johnson at: Mayor@london.gov.uk
cc to your elected representatives (select from list at end)
cc to the local press: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
* please forward this email to your friends and neighbours
* email SRUG@bellenden.net to get on the mailing list to be kept up to date.
The campaign asks the Department for Transport and the London Mayor
* to rescind the decision to remove the vital SLL (South London Line) train service which runs between Victoria and London Bridge via Battersea Park, Wandsworth Rd, Clapham High Street, Denmark Hill, Peckham Rye, Queens Rd Peckham and South Bermondsey.
* to extend the platform lengths at Clapham High Street and Wandsworth Road stations to allow the existing Dartford to Victoria services to call there.
* to extend the existing SLL service beyond London Bridge to Charing Cross.
The campaign also calls for Southwark & Lambeth Councils to join in lobbying the Mayor of London for the retention of the South London Line Services.
Some elected representatives:
Southwark MPs: Harriet Harman email@example.com, Tessa Jowell
firstname.lastname@example.org, Simon Hughes HughesSH@parliament.uk
London Assembly Member, Lambeth & Southwark: email@example.com
London Assembly Member & Southwark Councillor: firstname.lastname@example.org
South Camberwell ward, Denmark Hill station: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
The Lane ward, Peckham Rye station: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nunhead ward, Queens Road Peckham station: Fiona.Colley@SOUTHWARK.GOV.UK, dominic.th
Southwark Council Leader: email@example.com
Southwark Council Executive Member for Transport: Jeffrey.Hook@SOUTHWARK.GOV.UK