Modern Music & Art blends with Historic Peckham
14th to 20th July 2008
dates for the diary during the I Love Peckham Festival this week: a visible expression of the burgeoning cultural creativity in and around the historic Bussey Building behind 133 Rye Lane.
* Monday 14th to Sunday 20th July, daily 1pm to 5pm: art, architecture, & town centre plans. Chronic Art Foundation exhibitions, 1st & 3rd floors, Bussey Building, 133 Rye Lane entrance.
* Monday 14th to Sunday 20th July, daily midday to 6pm: monumental outdoor sculpture. Hannah Barry Gallery, outdoor exhibition 10th Floor Multi-Storey Car Park. [note: this roof is an excellent place to see the decorative architectural side of the Bussey Building, that faces the railway line, and the car park.]
* Wednesday 16th July, meet 6.30pm at Peckham Town Square. Town centre architectural walk including historic Bussey Building & newly listed station.
* Saturday 19th July, 2pm Public Debate: Peckham's cultural renaissance. Live with South City Radio, 3rd floor in Bussey Building, 133 Rye Lane entrance.
* Saturday 19th to Sunday 20th July, 11am - 7pm, CLF Weekender (Chronic Love Foundation). I Love Peckham Live Music Finale, several stages across town centre.
* Sunday 20th July, 8pm to midnight, Closing Live Music Celebration of Festival. 1st floor Bussey Building, 133 Rye Lane entrance.
FURTHER INFORMATION & DETAILS ABOUT THESE EVENTS ARE BELOW.
Queries: Peckham Residents' Network <PRN@nutbrook.demon.co.uk>
Festival created by & in association with Southwark Council
Information about the overall Festival: www.southwark.gov.uk/ilovepeckham
details of events:
Exhibitions: MONDAY 14th JULY to SUNDAY 20th JULY:Monday to Sunday 1pm-5pm daily. Chronic Art Foundation Exhibition:
Venue: Bussey Building, 133 Rye Lane entrance.
1st floor art gallery - paintings, sculpture, print, drawing …
3rd floor Peckham Futures - visions and ideas for developments in central Rye Lane in and around Bussey building and adjacent sites.
Exhibition: MONDAY 14th JULY to SUNDAY 20th JULY:
Monday to Sunday midday to 6pm daily.
Hannah Barry Gallery: [the Gallery is in warehouse next to Bussey Building]
Venue for the outdoor exhibition: 10th Floor Multi-Storey Car Park, behind Multiplex Cinema: lift to Level 6. Follow signs to Level 10.
monumental outdoor sculpture specially made for the show 'Bold Tendencies'.
Financial Times preview:
Town Centre Walk: WEDNESDAY 16th JULY 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
Walk begins at Peckham Square. Highlights include historic Victorian warehouse factory the Bussey Building & recently listed Peckham Rye station.Led by local architect Benedict O'Looney. http://www.peckhamsociety.org.uk/
SPECIAL EVENT on SATURDAY 19th JULY 2pm:
Chronic Art Foundation with South City Radio (formerly Radio Peckham).
Venue: 3rd floor Bussey Building, 133 Rye Lane entrance.
PUBLIC DEBATE live on The Primer radio programme with - 'How Do We build the Culture Capital of London?' Afternoon refreshments.
The Peckham Futures exhibition: plans, visions, ideas for exciting, sustainable regeneration in this heart of the town centre, nurturing creative businesses that have taken root in the Bussey Building and surrounding area.
Radio Preview: you can listen to a preview of the debate in the recent special edition of the monthly show 'The Primer' - "Ben and Alice are joined by Benedict O'Looney for a special version of his 'The Architecture Spot'. Benny looks at the famous Bussey Building and discusses plans for the future of the area ..."
Music: ALL WEEKEND 19th & 20th JULY:
Saturday 11am to 7pm; Sunday 12 noon to 7pm.
Chronic Love Foundation in association with Southwark Council presents a CLF Weekender:
The I Love Peckham Festival Finale 2008.
Cutting edge Live Music, Food, Art and Life.
Venues: across the heart of Peckham from Peckham Rye station toPeckham Square and beyond - 2 days, 6 stages of over 250 artists.
Celebration: SUNDAY 20th JULY 8pm to midnight.
Chronic Art Foundation & Chronic Love Foundation present:
Festival Closing Event with live music & refreshments .
Venue: 1st floor, Bussey Building, 133 Rye Lane entrance.