The network has grown out of the Bellenden Residents' Group work on town centre issues:
- the state of Rye Lane and Peckham Rye station.
- the UDP (Unitary Development Plan) on Peckham town centre.
- the discovery of the plans to demolish and close off a large site for the tram depot.
- the preparations for developing the Peckham Area Action Plan (PAAP).
The network helps residents:
- to keep in touch with each other over town centre & other local issues,
- to become well informed to have a real effect on the improvement of Peckham,
- by using email, workshops and newsletters,
- by pioneering new ways for residents to engage with the council and others.
New ways of engaging:
- Rye Lane & Station Action Group (RLSAG) for real and visible improvements,
- Peckham Rye Working Group for an integrated plan for Peckham Rye Common North,
- Peckham Vision - residents, artists & traders - for an integrated Peckham town centre,
- Community Council Tram Working Group, on the tram route & tram depot location,
- emerging topics include rail services, car parking, safety, community cohesion.
the local residents’ network run by residents for residents
improving Peckham town centre