You will be interested in this if you use the South London Line between Victoria and London Bridge. This email is circulated by the Peckham Residents' Network.
The attached note/flyer was produced after the first meeting of the Southwark Rail Users' Group last week, which discussed Network Rail's draft South London RUS (Rail Utilisation Strategy).
Please forward this email to anyone you know who may be interested. If you can, please print the attached Word document as a flyer to hand out to fellow rail users. The deadline for comments on the RUS is 26th October 2007. You can send them by email to email@example.com
Here are some extracts from the attached note:
SIGN THE ON-LINE PETITION
RESPOND TO NETWORK RAIL'S CONSULTATION BY 26th OCTOBER 2007
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post: to South London RUS Consultation Response, National RUS Consultation Manager, Network Rail, 8th Floor, 40 Melton Street, London NW1 2EE
The new strategy would result in:
* No direct trains between Wandsworth Rd, Clapham High St, Denmark Hill and London Bridge (currently 2 per hour)
* Direct trains between Peckham Rye, Queens Rd Peckham and South Bermondsey to London Bridge reduced.
* No direct trains between South Bermondsey, Queens Road Peckham and Victoria (currently 2 per hour).
The on-line petition asks:
We the undersigned call on Network Rail to:
1) Keep the South London Line service between London Bridge/Victoria as it is today, at minimum.
2) Explore the option of taking the existing service to London Bridge on to Charing Cross, Blackfriars or beyond to alleviate issues with platform availability at London Bridge.
3) Provide assurances that phase 2 of the East London Line extension (linking from Surrey Quays to Clapham Junction via Queens Rd, Peckham Rye and Denmark Hill) will mean 4 East London Line trains per hour serving our stations IN ADDITION to the South London Line trains to Victoria and London Bridge, not instead of them. SAVE THE SOUTH LONDON LINE!
* email this on to other rail users
* print the attached flyer to hand out at the station/on the train
Distributed by the Southwark Rail Users Group
To get involved in saving the Loop Line and improving local rail services and stations, please email: Southwark Rail Users' Group: SRUG @nutbrook.demon.co.uk